Red Followers

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Adventures of Lola in 100 Words: Space

After an exhausting week, I managed to pout out another Lola story in the series. The word challenge is space. I wasn't sure what I would explore this week but by Saturday night (more like midnight), I was somewhat happy with my rewrite.  I quickly sent it to crap before I crash and lose the whole plot in Second Life. Now, you get to read here:) Are you enjoying the stories? Let me know by leaving a comment for me...

###
Lola wakes up to wild rain knocking on her bedroom window. She sleep walks through her overcrowded apartment, looking for her cell phone. It was too quiet. "I guess I'm all alone," She thought. On the kitchen table is an upside down pineapple cake with a fork in the middle. This is not a good sign given the history of avoidance in her family. Every time her grandmother has bad news, she bakes Lola's favorite dessert. Lola takes a mouthful bite and hurries back under the bed comforter. She wishes she run away to space and scream her worries away

No comments:

Post a Comment