Red Followers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sparkle 100 word challenge: Lola's adventures continues

It's another week of Crap's 100 word challenge! I'm on the road this weekend but have been thinking about what to write for the challenge. I love the word but I'm not going in the direction I intended. As some of you may know, the movie "Sparkle" is also out this month and I was envisioning a piece about the late Whitney Houston since it is her last film. Unfortunately, in the wee hour of the morning, the piece just would not come together. I woke up, made sure i had a decent cup of coffee nearby and I pour onto my laptop the latest Lola story. So, what you'll find this week is a kind of food for thought mixed with life lessons as Lola gets through another day at her fast-paced job at the hotel. Hope you enjoy it:)

Sparkle by RedGoddess

After coping with many personal losses in recent years, Lola no longer believes that time always heals. Although she is grateful to be among the living, she senses she's coming undone. Lola is disturbed that many missed out on living fully while alive. She hopes her funeral will not begin with "we are here to honor and celebrate the life of a beautiful young woman gone too soon." Before she could shake off these morbid thoughts, a pregnant woman is in front of her screaming, "call 911 now, I'm in labor!" She can still forge a living legacy that will sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment