Red Followers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

100 word challenge “Fool” for full of crap

Many of you know that I started writing 100 word drabbles and stories a few months ago. Don't panic I'm still writing poetry too but this challenge has certainly motivated me to write regularly and come up with some fun entries (if I say so myself). You can probably tell they vary each week depending on the word. I will post them here for your leisure reading and listening:) Thanks to bonchance longfall for the recordings. Check out this week's entry for the word "fool"

"Fool" by RedGoddess

Rita devoted the last 11 months around executing her dream wedding, with high school sweetheart, Rob. They met on a blind date through friends. It was love by the time the pie a la mode was served after sharing an entree. They rented a one-bedroom apartment in her parents' neighborhood. They carpooled to work. She was even contemplating quitting her job to be closer to his. Everything was set for her spring wedding on Cape Cod, minutes from the Kennedy compound. After seeing a Blue Man group show, he declared, " I can't do it." She felt like the biggest fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment